Pull the Rope Sideways
Robin Hanson says, pull the rope sideways. Here are some of my ideas. Some do have a clear (perhaps even radical) place on the spectrum, but at least they have great variance.
- Restore the monarchy. Constitutional monarchy is the best form of government.
- Give reparations to the descendents of slaves. Affirmative action, in contrast, is a gimmick.
- Increase the number of visas given out tenfold. Charge for them, if that would be more politically feasible.
- Tax land value. Or at least imputed rent.
- Massively decrease education funding, to pay for a massive increase in science funding.